Is LASIK Right for Me?
The safety of the Ziemer Laser, combined with the precision of the Allegretto Wave® expands the boundaries of candidacy for LASIK. However, there are certain people who are less than ideal candidates for LASIK. You are probably not a candidate if one or more of the following apply to you:
- Under age 21
- Pregnant or nursing
- Glaucoma or high blood pressure
- Keratoconus, a corneal irregularity
- Inflammation of the eye (uveitis, blepharitis, or iritis)
- Herpes simplex that has infected your eye
- Previous severe injuries to the eye
- Corneal scars or infections
- Unstable refraction
- Other diseases of the eye such as AMD, diabetic retinopathy
- Patients with very large pupils, thin corneas, or dry eyes
Are you ready to learn more about how LASIK can help you? Take the next step and take our LASIK Self Test!